1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
- Your personal data is important to us – we will never sell it on
- Any data gathered will only be used by us to enhance your experience
- Cookies are yummy
- If you’re reading this on the toilet we won’t look – promise
- If you’re really bored you can read the rest…
In order to provide you with the full range of Scooter Media services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- What information Scooter Media may collect about you
- How Scooter Media will use information we collect about you
- Whether Scooter Media will disclose your details to anyone else
- When Scooter Media may use your details to contact you
- Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us
Our websites may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information, which you submit or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WILL SCOOTER MEDIA COLLECT ABOUT ME?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from Scooter Media, such as newsletters, competitions, ordering products, readers’ offers, live chats, message boards, surveys or online registration we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, mobile number or date of birth. Different services or webpages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Scooter Media and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
We may also use your IP address for some of our website services (see section 3: How will Scooter Media use the information they collect about me? and section 12: Cookies Policy below).
3. HOW WILL SCOOTER MEDIA USE THE INFORMATION THEY COLLECT ABOUT ME?
Scooter Media will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- For service administration purposes, which means that Scooter Media may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in section 5: When will Scooter Media contact me? below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance)
- To notify you of changes to our service
- To contact you about a submission you have made to our website, including any content you provide (follow the link to our Code of Conduct at the bottom of the main pages of our websites for more details about making online submissions)
- To personalise or improve the way Scooter Media content and advertising is presented to you online
- Scooter Media may collect your IP address (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet) and place cookies (see section 12: Cookies Policy below) for the purpose of improving our sites and enhancing your user experience. Sometimes including the display of selected adverts which are appropriate to your browsing pattern. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you
- IP addresses may also be used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use
- To analyse and improve the services offered by a Scooter Media website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience;
- See section 12: Cookies Policy below for further details of this activity by Scooter Media to manage our competitions and contact the winners
- To meet product orders or requests for services or information; to process payments; and to keep our records up to date
- Where you have specifically consented to be contacted for these purposes, to send you direct marketing by telephone, post or email about special offers and current or new products that you may be interested in
- To enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf
4. WILL SCOOTER MEDIA SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
Scooter Media will never sell on your details to any third party organization.
Generally, we will only use your information within Scooter Media in order to provide the service/product you have requested.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 7: Offensive or inappropriate content on Scooter Media websites below.
Scooter Media will require all third party data processors to whom your information is disclosed to comply strictly with its instructions and Scooter Media will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
Where we share your information with third party companies which are situated outside the EEA we will ensure they treat your information with the same protection we do.
5. WHEN WILL SCOOTER MEDIA CONTACT ME?
Scooter Media may contact you:
- In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for
- In order to ensure that Scooter Media can deliver the services to you
- In relation to any contribution you have made to any Scooter Media website, message board or other service
- Where you have opted to receive newsletters or other correspondence
- To invite you to participate in surveys about Scooter Media services (participation is always voluntary)
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Scooter Media; and for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see section 6: Will I be contacted for marketing purposes? below).
Our magazines or websites will give you detailed information about how Scooter Media will contact you in relation to specific services.
6. WILL I BE CONTACTED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
Scooter Media won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you agree to be contacted for these purposes.
7. OFFENSIVE OR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT ON SCOOTER MEDIA WEBSITES
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on a Scooter Media website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, Scooter Media may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Scooter Media reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of the law (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Scooter Media may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. WHAT IF I AM A USER AGED 16 OR UNDER?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide personal information to Scooter Media. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. HOW LONG WILL SCOOTER MEDIA KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Scooter Media or Scooter Media corporate retention schedule. If you wish to cancel your registration with any of Scooter Media websites, you may do so by following the “unsubscribe” instructions on the relevant website. If you change your profile to opt-out of receiving communications, your record may stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
Where you contribute to a Scooter Media service or website, Scooter Media will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
10. CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION SCOOTER MEDIA HOLDS ABOUT ME?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Scooter Media holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
12. COOKIES POLICY
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website or third party service provider used by the website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website or third party service provider to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites or other third party service providers.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Scooter Media features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse your profile when you visit and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit to ScooterLab.uk you searched for the latest Lambretta clutch, then the next time you visited our cookie could enable us to recognise your machine and offer you the latest six-plate clutch without you having to re-enter your details.
Scooter Media also uses a number of independent measurement, advertising and research companies. They gather information regarding the visitors to Scooter Media sites on our behalf using cookies, log file data and code which is embedded on our website. Scooter Media uses this type of information to help improve the services it provides to its users. Scooter Media strictly requires that third parties do not use any of this type of information for their own business or other purposes (see section 4: Will Scooter Media share my personal information with anyone else? above).
The Company Secretary, Scooter Media Limited, 31 St Johns, Worcester, WR2 5AG, United Kingdom
Email: [email protected]
Last updated: January 2015